CHEST 2011 Conference
American College of Chest Physicians
13th Annual ACCP Community Asthma and COPD Coalitions Symposium,
Tuesday and Wednesday, October 25-26, 2011
The agenda and presentations from the 13th Annual ACCP Community Asthma and COPD Coalitions Symposium, CHEST 2011 Conference are now available.
The CHEST 2011 Conference featured experts in clinical chest medicine and brought together attendees from around the world to learn about the latest in global pulmonary infections, chest medicine, patient care and practice management strategies.
The conference included a two-day Community Asthma and COPD Coalitions Symposium that focused on asthma and COPD management. Resources from this Symposium are included below for you to download and learn about the latest in asthma care and effective asthma management strategies.
- Welcome from EPATracy Enger, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Asthma and COPD in 2011 - Highlights and ControversiesJay Peters, MD, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Assuring Quality Care for Respiratory Diseases in Your Community: What Local Physicians and Coalitions Can DoW. Brendle Glomb, MD, Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- Coordinated Federal Action Plan to Reduce Racial and Ethnic Asthma DisparitiesTracey Mitchell, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Programs in Action for ResultsAmanda Reddy, New York State Department of Health, Healthy Neighborhoods ProgramMamta Reddy, MD, South Bronx Asthma Partnership, Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterTyra Bryant-Stephens, MD, The Community Asthma Prevention Program
- Community Outreach for Asthma and COPD Coalitions in HawaiiValerie Chang, Hawaii COPD Coalition
- Asthma and COPD Health DisparitiesWinston Liao, North Carolina Department of Public Health
- Outreach to Minority PopulationsLeRoy Graham, MD, Not One More Life, Inc.
- Learn More Breathe Better: How Local Communities Are Using National Campaign Resources to Raise Asthma and COPD AwarenessRachael Tracy, National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute
- Asthma Action Plans – Workshop on Developing a Community Wide Asthma Action PlanRachael Tracy, National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute
- Increasing COPD Awareness and Screening Jo Ellen Wynne, COPD Alliance
Brian Carlin, MD, COPD Alliance
- Welcome to Day Two from EPATracy Enger, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Michigan MATCH Program – Asthma Disease Management Karen Meyerson, Asthma Network of West Michigan
Tisa Vorce, Asthma Network of West Michigan
- Improving Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment of COPD: What Local Coalitions Can DoSidney Braman, MD, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Workshop: Improving Community Management of Asthma and Guideline Implementation – (GIP Report and Healthy People 2020, Quality Measures) Tyra Bryant-Stephens, MD, Community Asthma Prevention Program of Philadelphia
Winston Liao, North Carolina Department of Public Health
- Sustaining Your Program – Defining Your Program’s Value Tracy Enger, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Karen Meyerson, Asthma Network of West Michigan