National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management
In 2020, EPA’s Asthma team recognized great changes in the landscape in which we work, particularly in national trends showing that asthma care increasingly includes environmental management as a standard. As whole-community systems coordinate public health, housing, environment, clinical care, healthcare, and community partners to deliver comprehensive care at scale, we believe our awards program has successfully shifted to recognize what best performance looks like today.
The current application keeps the three priority areas: 1) Comprehensive Asthma Management – 1.a Management and Operations, 1.b Integrated Health Care Services, 1c. Tailored Environmental Services, 2) Getting Results: Evaluation, and 3) Sustainability.
Refining the application. In an attempt at continuous quality improvement, annually we review the comments and suggestions received by the review panels to edit text, streamline instructions, and make applying feel easier.
The National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management is the highest recognition a program and its leaders can receive for delivering excellent environmental asthma management as part of their comprehensive asthma care services. Each year, EPA honors exceptional health plans, health care providers and communities in action with this prestigious award.
Congratulations to the 2021 Winners!
Consider applying if your work:
- Addresses environmental triggers as part of a comprehensive asthma program.
- Fosters high-performing collaborations and partnerships.
- Improves the daily lives of those with asthma and their families.
The Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management is the nation's highest honor for programs helping people bring asthma under control. Winners will be recognized in May during Asthma Awareness Month. Winning this award is a sign of excellence and confirmation of success in helping people with asthma lead healthy, active lives.
Winners will receive:
- A place in the National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management Hall of Fame.
- An engraved, crystal award.
- Recognition on national websites, including AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org.
- Customized press kits, a descriptive snapshot of your program and support generating media attention.
- An opportunity to serve as mentors to help other programs achieve impactful results.
2022 National Environmental Leadership Award in Asthma Management Navigation: