How to access CHW reimbursement funds?

There is a lot of talk about recieving reimbursement for CHW's, I am wondering what processes are necessary to be eligble for CHW reimbursements and what agency(s) manage the reimbursements?

The key steps for remibursement are:

1) identifying local or regional organizations like health plans and hospitals that will pay for CHWs

2) discussing with them the scope of work and payement rate, training and supervison and QA processes, etc. they would require

3) establishing a contract between the payer(s) and the agency providing the CHW services


This is a complex topic and EPA will be providing more inforamtion in the near future.