Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America-Greater KC Chapter
The Greater Kansas City Chapter supports the national organization through its various programs. We are dedicated to serving children and adults who suffer from asthma and severe allergic disorders. Our programs are designed to:
· Promote understanding of the illnesses and how to control them.
· Educate those who suffer from asthma and allergies as well as the Greater Kansas City Community.
· Support improved quality of life through our direct support programs.
· Support scientific research of asthma and allergic diseases.
· Work with local physicians, nurses and other health care professional groups.
· Support the national organization in its endeavors to help those with asthma and allergic disorders.
For over 25 years, we have dedicated ourselves to educating the public, providing support where needed and providing direct aid to the thousands of asthmatics, who are without resources.
Our chapter offers these programs and services to the public:
· Family Asthma & Allergy Education Day
· SuperKids Asthma Camp
· Informational, Non-Biased Resources for Patients, Physicians and Allied Health Professionals
· Health Fair Exhibits
· Berri Mitchell Memorial College Scholarships
· Medical Equipment Distribution
· Professional Education for Nurses/RTs (CEU Credit)
· ABC’s of Asthma and Allergy Education Program
· Assistance to School Districts
· Asthma in the Workplace Seminars
· Direct Assistance
· Adult Support Groups
· Speaker’s Bureau
· Chapter Newsletter
· Educational Resources on our website - www.aafakc.org