Episode 11—Working towards Reimbursement: Building a Network of Community Health Workers
In Episode 9, we heard Kevin Kennedy describe the key steps his program is taking to prepare for reimbursement for home visitation and assessment services. In this episode, Mr. Kennedy shares his vision and experience in establishing a network of Community Health Workers (CHWs) across Kansas and Missouri to provide programs with easy access to certified CHWs and deliver improved, cost-effective asthma care. Learn about Mr. Kennedy’s process for obtaining buy-in from Medicaid, and the important role this Network will play when a reimbursement model is established in Kansas and Missouri.
>> Download (11.54 MB)
- Check out the Medicaid Reimbursement Billing Codes for Asthma Care by State, AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org
- Use the Community Health Worker Training Programs tool to learn about training opportunities for your community, AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org
- Watch the webinar on The Role of Community Health Workers in Asthma Management, AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org
- Watch the webinar on Collaborating to Control Asthma in Chicago's Public Housing Using Community Health Workers, AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org
- Watch a short video on Children's Mercy Hospital & Clinics' Healthy Home Program, Children's Mercy Hospital & Clinics